Southern California Visitors Guide
If you are moving to Southern California,
you'll love our Visitor's Guide!
Helpful information plus places to go and things to do!
info from www.FranandRowena.com
Things to Do in Southern California - a collection of our favorite places in Southern California.
The Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau
California Tourism website
California Historical Society - an excellent resource for historical venues in California.
Professional Sports Teams in Southern California
Southern California professional sports teams - basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, football, arena football, horse racing.
Transportation in and around Southern California
Southern California transportation - airports, car rental companies, freeways, carpool lanes traffic conditions, California Highway Patrol, Motor Vehicles Department, buses, Metrolink, railroads, taxi cabs.
Southern California golf courses
Southern California Golf Association
Museums, Missions and Gardens
Zoos and Animal Parks
- Descanso Gardens - renowned botanical collections and spectacular seasonal horticultural display.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art - collections, special exhibits and special events.
- The Getty - art, architecture and gardens.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - one museum, three locations.
- Norton Simon Museum - one of the world's finest private collections of European, American and Asian art.
- Huntingon Library, Art Galleries & Botanical Gardens - 150 acres of beautiful gardens, plus art collection and special exhibits.
- Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden - 127 acres of botanical gardens and historical site.
- Fullerton Arboretum - a 26-acre botanical garden located on the Cal State Fullerton University campus.
- Page Museum La Brea Tar Pits - museum, fossils, tarpits.
- California Science Center - science learning for everyone.
- Natural History Museum of L.A.
- Petersen Automotive Museum - exhibits and displays featuring over 150 rare and classic cars, trucks and motorcycles.
- Bowers Museum - exhibits, education and special events.
- The Bowers Kidseum - an 11,000 square foot children's museum with nteractive experiences and special activities.
- Travel Town Railway Museum - Griffith Park
- Discovery Science Center - exhibits and interactive programs.
- Heritage Museum of Orange County - a cultural history center, featuring the historic Kellogg House.
- Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace - 9 acres encompassing 22 high-tech Presidential Museum galleries, movie and interactive video theaters, gardens.
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Ronald W. Reagan Presidential Library and Museum - much more than a "library" in the conventional sense. Exhibits, a piece of the Berlin Wall, Air Force One, Presidential vehicles and aircraft, and the Memorial Site of President Reagan.
- Moorten Botanical Gardens, 1701 S. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, telephone: (760) 327-6555
- San Diego Natural History Museum - over 130 years old.
- San Diego Air and Space Museum - home to the Command Module from the Apollo 9 mission.
- San Diego Automotive Museum - exhibits and resource center.
- Mission San Juan Capistrano - special events plus tours, "Return of the Swallows" traditionally celebrated every March 17th. Telephone: (949) 234-1300
- Mission San Luis Rey - The largest of the California missions. Telephone: (760) 757-3651
- Mission San Fernando Rey de España - 15151 San Fernando Mission Blvd., Mission Hills. telephone: (818) 361-0186
- Mission San Diego de Alcalá - 10818 San Diego Mission Road, San Diego, telephone: (619) 281-8449
- Mission San Gabriel Archangel, 428 South Mission Drive, San Gabriel, telephone: (626) 457-3048
- Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens - 133 acres with over 1200 animals from around the world.
- Orange County Zoo - specializing in the animals and plants from the southwestern United States.
- The Santa Ana Zoo - at Prentice Park, 20 acres.
- SeaWorld Adventure Park - rides, shows, shopping and dining plus Shamu.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park - 1,800-acre wildlife preserve, which allows visitors to view herds of exotic animals as they might have been seen in their native Asia and Africa.
- San Diego Zoo - encompassing over 100 acres, with more than 4,000 individual animals representing 800 different species. Its collection of animals, as well as its plant collection of over 6,500 species, is acknowledged as one of the finest in the entire world.
- The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens - Palm Desert/Indian Wells.
- Knott's Theme Park and Soak City Water Park - over 165 rides, spectacular shows and unique attractions plus dining and shopping.
- Universal Studios Hollywood - world's largest movie studio and theme park, plus dining and shopping.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain - fun rides.
- Fairplex - home to the Los Angeles County Fair, plus many events.
- Del Mar Fairgrounds - home of the San Diego County Fair, plus many events.
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (next to Magic Mountain) - water park with rides and attractions (seasonal hours).
- Legoland of California - over 50 rides, shows and attractions plus entertainment, shopping and dining.
- Raging Waters - largest water theme park in California, seasonal hours.
- The Queen Mary - lengendary ocean liner with exhibits, show and shops. Spend the night in a stateroom.
- TCL Chinese Theatre - surely a fun destination.
- Olvera Street - fun things to see, shopping, restaurants.
- Catalina Island - visit Avalon with its cobblestone streets, shopping, dining, water sports and tours ... (310) 510-1520
- Warner Brothers VIP Studio Tour - a behind-the-scenes look at actual work, tour sets and stages.
- Sony Pictures Studio Tour - tour historic studio lots and see movie and TV shows in production ... (323) 520-tour
- Palm Springs Aerial Tram
- Santa Anita Race Track - one of the most famous race tracks.
- Hollywood Park Track
- Del Mar Race Track - racing and special events.
Comments or questions?
Please let us know about any additions you recommend to our
Southern California Visitors Guide.
Contact Fran and Rowena
Telephone: (818) 952-0077
email Fran and Rowena
Online Contact Form
©Copyright 2003-2013 Southern California Real Estate. All rights reserved.
Author: Fran Vernon - of Fran and Rowena
By submitting any form on this site with your contact information including name, telephone number, address or e-mail address, you are consenting for Fran and Rowena and their authorized representatives to contact you even if your name is on the Federal "Do not call List".
NO part of this real estate website or its contents may be copied, reproduced, displayed, published or otherwise used for private or commercial purposes without the express, written permission of Fran and Rowena. The information contained in this website is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed. We make every effort to maintain this real estate website to have current, accurate information. However, we cannot warrant the accuracy of the information contained in this website including, but is not limited to, information contained in this website and information contained in websites that are linked to this Southern California real estate website.
Get the answers on home selling and buying.
Copyright ©2000-2013 Homes.com, Inc. All Rights
is one of the
largest Internet real estate sites with hundreds of thousands of homes for sale and apartment rentals with photos,
descriptions, and relocation services. The advertisers and publishers are not responsible or liable for misinformation,
misprints, or other errors. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently
verified. Properties subject to prior sale or rental.