Get your home ready to sell!
Read our tips for interior and exterior home staging.
Photo slide show with before and after photos of home staging.
To see the impact of staging your
Southern California home, please view this
slide show with before and after photos of
actual home staging of Fran and Rowena listings.
All photos are ©Copyright of Fran and Rowena.
May not be used without prior written permission of Fran and Rowena.
that cleaning and de-cluttering a home is the
#1 recommended home improvement to
get a home ready to sell.
Home staging is in the top five improvements to
help sell a home. 
The time, effort and financial investment involved will give you the edge needed to sell your home.
Work with an Accredited Staging Professional® Real Estate Agent.
We provide home staging services at no additional cost to you!
View the ASP Real Estate Agent Certificate
We like to say that home staging like "detailing" your house before selling!
Our suggestion is to pretend you are a buyer. Start by looking at the front of your home. Then, walk in the front door. What are your impressions? How would you judge the
appearance and condition of your home?
does not have to involve a lot of money. Home staging can simply mean taking the furniture and
accessories that you already have and placing them to maximize the visual impact of your home. Please also remember that the way you stage a house for selling is not necessarily
the way you would live in your house. Staging your home helps a buyer
visualize living in the home, which can lead to a faster sale. The goal is to sell your home, so let's maximize every opportunity to attract a buyer. Home staging can - and does - make a difference.
Here are some suggestions to get your home ready to sell - inside and outside
The exterior of your
home is the first thing a prospective buyer sees. Make sure your home's exterior looks its best!
- Exterior paint should be in good condition (no peeling, fading) on house, garage, gutters, outbuildings, decks, fences and gates. The front door should be in good condition.
- Repair driveway and walkway cracks or uneven surfaces. Fill in missing mortar between bricks or stones.
- Doors and gates in working condition, latch and lock properly.
- Fix cracked windows and torn screens. Polish doorknobs, clean ironwork, repair ornamentation (shutters, spindles, columns, etc), clean windows and screens.
- Doorbell and all exterior lights in good working order.
- Remove debris. Neatly store trash cans, toys and garden equipment.
- Lawn should be well cut and neatly trimmed. Repair dead grass or fill in holes. Trim trees, removing dead branches. Flower beds weeded and freshly planted.
- Clean pool, spa, fountains, waterfalls.
- Clean up children's and animal's toys and debris.
- Improve the visual appeal and emotional comfort by staging your patio furniture in an attractive way. Place containers of flowers to add color.
Interior dirt and clutter can divert a potential buyer's attention from the fine points your
Southern California home has to offer. Our most common suggestion to sellers is to remove unnecessary items and furniture to
make a home feel more spacious. Pack it up - you're moving! Many sellers get a storage unit (or two) to facilitate the
removal of items from the home, garage and outbuildings. Here are some helpful tips for the inside of your home:
Are you thinking about selling your
Southern California home?
- Walls and woodwork clean. Wallpaper problem areas repaired.
- Windows, curtains, drapes, blinds, ceiling fans and shutters should be clean and operational.
- Flooring should be clean. Remove excess area rugs (potential trip hazard).
- Clean and de-clutter closets, boxing and removing items where possible.
- Doors and windows operate, lock and latch properly. Polish doorknobs.
- Smoke detectors installed and in operating condition.
- Light fixtures and bulbs in working condition. Adequate lighting is important.
- Stair banisters tightened and steps free of objects.
- Bathrooms clean, uncluttered. Tub and shower caulking repaired. Put away excess toiletries. Remove prescription drugs and valuable cosmetics. Display fresh towels.
- Kitchen clean including stove and oven. Remove items from countertops.
- Remove small objects that may be accidentally picked up by children.
- Remove collectibles and excess family pictures. Put away all jewelry, valuables (perhaps remove to safe location such as safe deposit box).
- Organize closets, shelves and drawers to display spaciousness.
- Repair leaking plumbing fixtures.
- Eliminate household odors (especially pet odors). Keep trashcans out of sight, clear of excess trash. Make sure trash cans are odor-free.
- Basement, attic and garage should be clean and organized.
- Clean fireplace ashes. Neatly stack firewood.
- Remove excess furniture to make a room more spacious and ease the flow of traffic.
- Arrange care for pets while property is being shown. It is disruptive and upsetting to household pets to have unknown people on the property.
Call now for a free home selling consultation, including home staging tips!
Contact Fran and Rowena
Telephone: (818) 952-0077
Fran and Rowena
Online Contact Form
 source: Home Improvement Survey
©Copyright 2003-2013 Southern California Real Estate. All rights reserved.
Author: Fran Vernon - of Fran and Rowena
By submitting any form on this site with your contact information including name, telephone number, address or e-mail address, you are consenting for Fran and Rowena and their authorized representatives to contact you even if your name is on the Federal "Do not call List".
NO part of this real estate website or its contents may be copied, reproduced, displayed, published or otherwise used for private or commercial purposes without the express, written permission of Fran and Rowena. The information contained in this website is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed. We make every effort to maintain this real estate website to have current, accurate information. However, we cannot warrant the accuracy of the information contained in this website including, but is not limited to, information contained in this website and information contained in websites that are linked to this Southern California real estate website.
Get the answers on home selling and buying.
Copyright ©2000-2013 Homes.com, Inc. All Rights
is one of the
largest Internet real estate sites with hundreds of thousands of homes for sale and apartment rentals with photos,
descriptions, and relocation services. The advertisers and publishers are not responsible or liable for misinformation,
misprints, or other errors. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently
verified. Properties subject to prior sale or rental.